Wow! I cannot believe that it has already been a full year since James and I got married! It is a funny thing because even though so many things have happened in between the time we got married and now, it feels as if it were only yesterday that we exchanged our vows. I guess time flies when you’re having fun? ;)
Looking back, I am so grateful because I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. Although the weather forecast had signs of rain all week, on our wedding day the rain held off until the tail end of the night and we enjoy a warm and rain free day! Our vendors were amazing, on time, and so gracious in helping make sure everything went on without a hitch. In addition, we were so blessed to have our supportive family and friends (some from out of town) by our side which made it all that more touching and unforgettable.
However, looking back I realize that I cherish most the small details that made everything so memorable, special, and beautiful to me. Here are a couple that comes to my mind, but also not in any particular order:
- The letter James wrote to me before our wedding letting me know how excited he was to marry me set me to tears but also calmed my nerves. (also, Jaime one of my bridesmaids did her dance, which made me laugh)
- The fun and relaxing time I had with my bridesmaids and maid of honor getting ready before the wedding. I love all those girls.
- The first sight.
- The white fragrant freesias my florist added to my bouquet reminded me of my late mother who’s favorite flowers were freesias. (Her wedding whole bouquet were white freesias!)
- The daddy-daughter small talk I had with my dad at the top of the staircase waiting to walk down the aisle. Also a tear jerker.
- The thoughtfully written vow James read to me during the ceremony which brought so many people (including myself) to tears.
- The 10 mins James and I got to share in between ceremony and reception where we got to soak in our newly- married-ness, if you will. :)
- The MoH speech so beautifully written by Nina Earnest.
- The photobooth pictures with my friends, family, and guests were such a blast!
- The first dance.
Pictures: Laura Leslie Photography (www.lauralesliephotography.com)
With the very special Nina C. Earnest and MoH who inspires me to blog! We love you guys!